After you have made all the big decisions like:
- The format you are going to use for your blog like: Wordpress, Weebly, eBlogger etc.
- Your blog name
- Set up an email for your blog
Then you are ready to start thing about these following things:
WHAT ARE YOU ALL ABOUT?
- What do you want to say?
- What do you want people to take away from your blog?
- You need to have a clear idea of what you and your blog are all about.
QUALITY OVER QUANTITY
SOME COOL PHOTO EDITORS:
- The very best one in Canva.com, it is seriously so easy to use and actually fun to play around with for hours and hours! You don't have to download this one onto your computer, you just use it online and download the finished product.
- Photoscape is a user friendly program that you download onto your computer and it hooks up with your files in your computer making it easier to pull photos onto the program and edit it.
- Pixlr is good for editing and making logos as you can easily make png's, these are pictures that don't have a solid background meaning you can place it on any coloured background.
SOCIAL MEDIA IS YOUR BEST FRIEND
SET SOME CLEAR GOALS FOR YOUR BLOG
- Start with something simple - what image do you want to project to your readers?
- Then something more specific - how many readers would you like to have? within how much time?
- Then something personal - what do YOU want to get out of this experience?
- Then something qualitative - research other blogs and note the quality of your favourites, what quality do you want to exude on your blog?
- Then something quantitative - how much money do you want to spend on this? Write a budget.